Wednesday, July 8, 2015

New pattern: The Orchid Waist Bag

I noticed recently that I saw a lot of people walking around with small bags that to me, resembled fanny packs but that they were being worn on the back instead of around the waist. I had an ah-ha moment and decided that someone needed to design a pattern to replace that old unpopular "fanny pack" and come up with something more modern. And so I came up with the Orchid Waist/Sling bag!




This bag is a nice size and full of awesome features:
  • adjustable strap so the bag can be worn around your waist or on your back
  • main compartment with a zippered closure
  • 2 slip pockets inside
  • large front exterior pocket with a flap that also has a built in zippered pocket

Measurements for the bag are 11.5 inches W x 8.5 inches H. I can see this as a unisex bag depending on what fabrics you use. Here are a few photos to demonstrate!

Worn around the waist

Worn on the back but can also be worn on the front if you prefer

Nice and deep exterior pocket with a flap closure

Zippered pocket inside the front flap

Another view of that front pocket

2 slip pockets inside the bag
The Orchid Waist bag pattern is available today!

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I just got this pattern. The design is so cool! I'm a fan and this one is the third pattern I have from you. Just started to follow your blog too. I sell my bags on etsy at: www.NormasBagBoutique.etsy.com. Thanks for designing great patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your Iris and Zinnia bags! Please feel free to post photos and show off in my Facebook group.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/820874054675832/

      Delete
  2. What modern science goals? It is the search for truth. Scientific method can change at any time and that this scientific objectives, Qi seek spiritual truth is science, is never changed.
    ____________________________
    I like: Cheap CS:GO Weapon Skins and Buy the Cheapest CS:GO Skins

    ReplyDelete